How to sign up for a discovery+ account on Sky Q
To create an account through your Sky Q set top box, watch this how-to video, or follow the step-by step guide below.
- Select discovery+ in the app section of Sky Q
- Press the grey Sign Up button
- A page explaining how to redeem your exclusive Sky offer will be displayed
- Exit the app by pressing the Home button or the dismiss button on your Sky remote
- If you have a voice enabled remote, please say “Get Discovery Plus”. Alternatively, navigate to the promo rail in the Apps menu and select discovery+
- Select Upgrade Now to continue the signing up process
- The next two pages will provide more information about signing up to discovery+ through Sky Q and their exclusive offer. Press Continue on both pages
- A review of your order page will appear showing you that you will not be charged for the next 12 months and showing the cost to your outstanding subscription to Sky Q
- Select Check Out to continue
- Next enter your 4-digit Sky pin
- Once you have successfully entered your pin, you will be taken to the activation screen. Here you can either scan the QR code on a smartphone or tablet and you will be taken to the website or you can go directly to sky.com/discoveryplusactivate on a smartphone, tablet or PC
- Login to your Sky account
- Before continuing, restart the discovery+ app on your Sky Q box and press Continue with Sky Activation
- Next a page will appear on your Sky Q box with a 6-digit pairing code. On your smartphone, tablet or PC you can now press Continue.
- Fill out your details to create a discovery+ account
- Once you have completed that it is time to enter the 6-digit pairing code. When this has been accepted the app on your Sky Q box will refresh and you will be in the app
- You can now enjoy your new discovery+ account on your Sky Q set top box.
If you do not know your Sky ID, please contact Sky Customer Service
How to login with your discovery+ account on your Sky Q set top box
To login on your Sky Q set top box, do the following.
- Select discovery+ in the app section of Sky Q
- Press the blue Login button
- On a smartphone, tablet or PC go to www.discoveryplus.co.uk/tv
- Login to your discovery+ account
- You will then be taken to a page on your smartphone, tablet or PC that will ask you to enter a 6-digit code. This code will be displayed on your Sky set top box
- Once you have entered the code it will confirm whether or not the code has been accepted. Each code is refreshed after 5 minutes, so if you enter the code incorrectly or take longer than 5 minutes to enter the code, you will get a new code
- When the code has been successfully entered, the screen on your Sky set top box will automatically refresh and take you into the discovery+ app
- Enjoy using your discovery+ account on Sky Q!
How do I log in on my Sky Q minibox?
You will need to log in to each minibox separately.
- Open the discovery+ app from the apps area
- Select ‘Login’
- Follow the above instructions to pair their device on the login screen
- App will auto-login once device is paired
I already pay for Sky Q, will I have to pay for discovery+ too?
You will need to register a discovery+ account and is separate to your account with Sky. If you are a Sky Q customer, you can watch discovery+ for 12 months at no extra cost.
Why can’t I watch live channels on the discovery+ app on my Sky Q set top box?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to watch live channels via the discovery+ app on your Sky Q box. However, you can access all discovery+ live and on demand channels by downloading the discovery+ app from one of the app stores to your mobile, tablet or smart TV, or watch online at www.discoveryplus.co.uk.
How many other devices can I use while I am watching discovery+ on Sky Q?
You can watch discovery+ programmes on up the three devices at a time.
How do I watch on the Sky minibox?
You can enjoy discovery+ on your minibox in another room. Just go the the app section on Sky Q and select discovery+
Am I tied into a my Sky subscription if I take out a discovery+ subscription with SkyQ?
Signing up for discovery+ through Sky Q does not extend or impact your Sky contract, however if you leave Sky, then you will lose access to discovery+ and would have to re-sign up directly for discovery+ at discoveryplus.co.uk/myaccount/products to purchase a subscription or register for a free discovery+ account.
What happens at the end of the 12 month offer?
At the end of your 12 month offer, you can decide if you want to continue with discovery+ on a paid subscription with Sky. If you don't want to continue your subscription, you will lose access at the end of the 12 months. Don't worry, we won't automatically enrol you onto a paid subscription.
Still need help?
Send a message to the discovery+ UK support teamWrite to us