Are you experiencing problems activating discovery+ via your Sky Q set top box despite having followed the Step by step guide and help video below?
Take a look at some common troubleshooting steps below.
Why can’t I find the discovery+ app on my Sky Q set top box?
If you are unable to find the discovery+ app, try updating the software on your Sky Q box.
You can find out how to do this here: https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/updating-sky-box/which-sky-box
Where can I find the 6-digit code?
You can find the 6-digit code by following these steps:
- Restart the discovery+ app on your Sky Q set top box and select “Continue with Sky Activation” which is shown under the Login and Sign-Up buttons.
When you click on this it will take you to a page that displays a new 6-digit code.
- On a web browser go to http://www.sky.com/discoveryplusactivate and login with your Sky details.
You will then be able to continue with the activation journey.
Why am I being asked to upgrade on Sky Q?
You might be asked to upgrade on Sky Q if you have already created a free discovery+ account and logged in to the discovery+ app on your set top box without having done the activation journey.
To gain access to the offer for Sky Q customers, please try the following steps:
- Go to the homepage on your Sky Q set top box and search for the discovery+ app.
- Open the app and click on “Continue Sky Activation” which should show you a 6-digit code.
- Then on a web browser open the link http://www.sky.com/discoveryplusactivate and log into your sky account
- Press continue until you are asked to fill in your details when you should be taken to a page where you’re asked to enter the code shown on your Sky Q set top box.
- When the code has been entered successfully, the app on your Sky Q box should refresh and you will have access to your new discovery+ subscription!
If you still experience issues, feel free to contact us - we're here to help.
Still need help?
Send a message to the discovery+ UK support teamWrite to us